Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Standing on the Sidelines By Ejura Salihu


In the chaos of the terror we know as Boko Haram, we are awakened everyday to the reminder that over 270 young ladies live the nightmare of rape, abuse and violence per hour. The helplessness makes me mad, we keep hoping the nightmare ends soon but its been over 50days and hopes must be diming in the minds of these precious angels. I keep hope alive though knowing one day these young ladies will be survivors sharing their stories with strength and undiminished soul like the women of valor I have met on this blog.

I keep praying for continued strength for all survivors and all going through every form of abuse. Some people believe if it didn't happen to you or it didn't hit close to home, its not your business but I disagree! I don't think this fight is for just survivors, some of us are here to chant your praises when you get scared to speak, cheer you on when discouraged and weak. We will always be here to listen and pray for you. I have never claimed to know or even be capable of imagining what being a survivor feels like. I can't claim to know the pain you have dealt with. I do know its not easy for you to heal and speak up, I do know its not fair for it to have happened in the first place, I do know more should be done to stop the scourge and I do know you possess a strength many of us could never dream of possessing. 

I am proud of every single survivor. You are Phenomenal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...